DBC Ceramic PCB High Thermal Conductivity
DCB Ceramic PCB
DCB (Direct Copper Bonded) technology, also known as DBC (Direct Bonded Copper). refers to a unique process in which the copper foil. and the Al2O3 or ALN (one or both sides) are directly bonded at high temperatures.
The super-thin DCB substrate provides excellent electrical isolation. high thermal conductivity, fine solderability, and strong bonding. It can be etched in the same way as standard FR4 PCB, but it has a higher current loading capability. As a result, DCB ceramic PCB has become the foundation material for the construction . and interconnection technology of high power semiconductor teletronic circuits. as well as the foundation for the “Chip On Board” (COB) technology. which represents the future packaging trend.
Characteristics of DCB Ceramic PCB
- Shapes with high mechanical strength and mechanical stability. High strength, excellent thermal conductivity, and electrical isolation. Excellent adhesion and corrosion resistance;
- High reliability and excellent thermal cycling capabilities (up to 50,000 cycles).
- Etching to various layouts, such as standard FR4 PCB;
- There is no contamination and no environmental problem.
- Temperature range: -55°C to 850°C. The thermal expansion coefficient is close to that of silicon. which simplifies power module production technology.
- DCB has a much thicker conductor (copper) than thin or thick film ceramic board, with a thickness of 0.1mm0.3mm. Here are some additional benefits of using DCB Ceramic printed circuit board.
The Benefits of DCB Ceramic PCB
- Because the thermal expansion coefficient of DBC substrate is similar to that of silicon chip. chip can be directly soldered on DCB board, saving the interface layer (Mo plate), labor, and cost.
- Reduce the solder layer, reduce thermal resistance, reduce cavities. and increase finished product yield.
- At the same loading current density. the trace width of a 0.3mm thick copper conductor is only 10% of that of a standard PCB.
- Excellent thermal conductivity allows for small chip packaging. which increases power per unit volume and improves system and equipment reliability.
- The super-thin (0.25mm) DCB substrate can be used in place of BeO. eliminating the issue of environmental protection . and toxicity; however, it is rarely used due to its high cost!
- Low temperature increase due to high current loading capability. When a 100A current is continuously passed through a 0.3mm thick copper conductor. the temperature rises only 17 degrees Celsius on a 1mm trace width and 5 degrees Celsius on a 2mm trace width.
- Reduced thermal resistance. Here are the specifications for a 10mm x 10mm DCB substrate:
- 0.25mm thickness equals 0.14K/W
- 0.38mm thickness equals 0.19K/W 0.63mm thickness equals 0.31K/W
- The high insulation voltage improves personnel safety . and increases the ability to protect equipment.
- DCB PCB can be used to realize the new packaging and assembly methods.
Popular of Ceramic PCB
Thick Film Ceramic PCB
PCB with a single alignment layer on one side.
High Temperature Ceramic PCB
PCBs with two alignment layers on the same side.
Low Temperature Ceramic PCB
PCBs have two alignment layers on each side.
Applications of DCB Ceramic PCB
High Bright Light
Power regulators, ignition tools, switching converters, variable optics and electric motors for electric and hybrid vehicles.
Automotive Light System
IC arrays, semiconductor heat shields, IC carrier chips, solar cell substrates, heat sinks and semiconductor cooling devices.
Balanced, input and output, audio, power and pre-shielded amplifiers.
Household appliances: flat panel displays, motor controls.
Benefits of Ceramic Substrate PCB
5.Reduce Thermal Resistance
6.High voltage resistance
Trustworthy Ceramic PCB Manufacturer
Your Qualified Ceramic PCB Manufacturer
XFDC-PCB has over 20 years of experience fabricating and assembling a wide range of PCBs, including rigid, flexible, rigid-flex PCBs,HDI PCB. Regardless of how simple or complex your requirement is, our cutting-edge equipment and expert team are well-equipped to handle it. When you collaborate with us, you gain access to a wealth of industry best practices that will give you an advantage. We are dedicated to providing quick turnaround times so that you can get to market as soon as possible. Our clients appreciate the fact that we provide prototype quantities as well as large production runs with the same unwavering focus on quality. You can also rely on us for turnkey services and be confident that you will receive high-quality results.